Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blend Together

I made a habit of writing Paul Simon parodies for my friend Josh who was a conservative that I worked with in a grocery store a while ago and I used to cause a bunch of shit with him for self-amusement.  I wrote a couple of songs mocking his political beliefs, and then one day he urged me to try and figure something out for Bob Marley`s "No Woman No Cry" and "Come Together" by the Beatles.  So I did.  Neither were political in nature, but rather about working in a grocery store and how much he loves fruit smoothies.  I don`t remember the Marley cover "Cash Seven No Scan", but I think I can remember the Beatles one.

Blend Together
Here comes Joshua with his
Basket of produce
He`s got  juicy orange
He`s got tasty yoghurt
He`s got tangy strawberries
But he needs banana for the taste that he please

*He wears orange tee-shirts with the
PC logo
In the frozen food section he shoots
Past the pogos
He says blender drinks my reason to live
"Clogging my papaya pulp prerogative"

Blend together right now
For smoothie


*this part may have appeared political because of the orange tee-shirts and the fact that PC stands for Progressive Conservative. It actually had nothing to do with that whatsoever, and it wasn`t until much later that I thought of it. It was simply because we had to wear these awful orange shirts at work, and the PC stood for President`s Choice brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment